Seven Handy Tips On Cleaning Your Pup’s Eyes And Ears
There is often no harder grooming task than cleaning a puppy’s ears and eyes. However, it is important that you take the time and effort to do this, as your puppy can easily develop infections.
Cleaning the ears:
- Using an approved ear-cleaning solution, apply liberally into each ear
- Massage the bottom of each ear for about 30 seconds
- Allow your pup to naturally shake excess solution and wax out of his ears
- Never use Q-tips or earbuds on your dog’s ears; just wipe gently with a rag or cotton ball
Cleaning the eyes:
- Check daily for excess mucus build-up
- Moisten a cotton ball with some warm water and dab it in the corners of the eyes
- Avoid the eye itself – cotton fibres could scratch the eyeball
Click below to find out what to look out for when deciding on taking your pet to the vet.