Long-Haired Dogs – Gorgeous Hairy Breeds And How To Care For Them
Long haired dogs are undoubtedly beautiful to behold. But all of that canine handsomeness comes at a price: the time, and possible expense, required to maintain those gorgeous locks and flowing tresses.
With all long-haired breeds, you will be faced with some common grooming issues.
Sitting for lengthy grooming sessions:
- Get your pup used to being handled early, and often
- Grooming will become a terrific bonding experience for both of you
Going too long between grooming sessions:
- This can cause tangling and matting of the hair
- Detangling seriously tangled hair can pull on and damage your dog’s skin
- Moisture can get trapped beneath the hair, allowing infection to set in
Some of the better-known long-haired breeds are:
- Afghan Hound
- Bearded Collie
- Cocker Spaniel
- Yorkshire Terrier
Discover more about these breeds and how to care for them by clicking the link below.